- Visitors to the Granite Club must be invited Guests of a Member.
- Members and Guests are asked to ensure all personal communication devices (PCDs) are turned off or switched to 'silent' or 'vibrate' mode and audible cellular notifications must never be heard. Cellular devices may be used throughout the Club for emailing, texting and retrieving voicemails but not for voice communication. Cellular devices may be used discreetly to engage in voice communication only while in the immediate vicinity of a house phone. The use of laptops, tablets, e-readers and handheld games is permitted provided they are on 'silent' mode. Staff may request cessation of use deemed to be inappropriate at any time.
- A dress code applies to Members and their Guests. Please see below for details.
- Spouses and Guests who are non-Members may not, under any circumstance, sign a Member’s number unless the Membership Department issues a special Guest pass.
Dress is expected to be neat and appropriate for both the activity pursued and area(s) entered. Footwear must be worn at all times unless participating in an Athletic activity requiring bare feet. Club. Casual clothing is expected to be neat and attractive and athletic wear appropriate to the section guidelines below.
- Business Formal: For men, business suit, collared shirt and tie or jacket with dress trousers and dress shoes, no denim; equivalent standard for women.
- Business Casual: For men, jacket, collared shirt, dress trousers and dress shoes, no denim; equivalent standard for women.
- Smart Casual: For men, collared and sleeved shirts or sweaters, trousers or tailored knee-length shorts, smart denim (denim that is not ripped, frayed or distressed); equivalent standard for women. Athletic or beach footwear is not permitted and men are not permitted to wear sandals. Leggings may be acceptable as Smart Casual if worn with a tunic-length top or skirt.
- Athletic: Clean and dry athletic wear. No beachwear or bare feet. Cut-offs, ripped clothing, tank tops, offensive T-shirts and the like are not acceptable attire.
Hats are not permitted in formal areas and formal hallways or any of the indoor dining venues, with the exception of the second-floor Snack Shop, unless for special events, official, ceremonial, religious or medical purposes. Hats may be worn in accordance with athletic section dress codes, en route to athletic areas, locker rooms and in outdoor dining areas.
Minimum Dress Standard for the following areas:
Grand Ballroom, Regency Ballroom: Business Casual or as specified
Fireplace Lobby, Trillium Room Gallery, Granite Dining Room, Private Dining Rooms: Smart Casual
Kitchen Gallery, Bistro, Granite Bar, Terrace, Second-floor Snack Shop, Presidents’ Lounge, third-floor Sports Bar & Café: Athletic